Greenwood Condos for Sale
Greenwood is a short drive from downtown and many other great areas of Seattle. It offers many great dining, night life and shopping options as well as a lovely residential neighborhood for singles or families alike. Greenwood condos for sale, like most of Seattle, has had it’s property values go up quite a bit in the recent years. If you enjoy this neighborhood and it’s convenient location but are not ready to buy a single family home in Seattle. Greenwood Condos for sale might be the right fit for you. There are many types and options to choose from between older condos where you’ll likely get more space for your money and then newer, contemporary condos where you’ll get updated finishes and possible amenities to the building. If you see something you like, don’t wait to reach out. The average home in Seattle currently sells in about 8 days. The market is a quick one right now and I don’t want you to lose out of your potential new dream home. Please take a look below and reach out with any questions.
Want to know a full breakdown of the Greenwood condos for sale neighborhood or also see townhomes or single family homes? Go to Greenwood homes for sale/
Other resources to check out after searching Greenwood condos for sale:
- Search homes for sale in nearby Phinney Ridge homes for sale, Green Lake homes for sale & Fremont homes for sale
- Attend a free course on how to prepare for & buy your first home!
- Check out 10 Top Tips to Find the Perfect Home.
Searching Greenwood condos for sale and wondering how to go about buying a home in Seattle WA? It’s important you understand the home buying process in Seattle WA but also how to truly find your dream home. The above should provide helpful information when looking at Greenwood condos for sale but if you haven’t hired a top real estate agent in Seattle WA yet to assist you with your home search, contact me, and I’d love to discuss your real estate needs further!
Dave Hanson Home Team – Exceeding Expectations – 206.686.7525 – Scroll down for Greenwood condos for sale
Where to go:
Convenience – around Greenwood condos for sale
Walk ability when looking at Greenwood condos for sale is in the top 90% because of the convenience to neighborhood shops and the like. Buyers love the idea of walking to restaurants and coffee shops so Greenwood is an ideal place for that and to admire curb appeal, no matter where you land in the area, just something to keep in mind when searching Greenwood condos for sale.
Greenwood is a small neighborhood but it is big on convenience. You have the choice of 2 different grocery stores and they are Safeway on Greenwood and Fred Meyers. Northwest Natives loves their Fred Meyers and when you move to this area you will appreciate it too. It is big on one stop shopping from everything to home furnishings, apparel and groceries.
Commuting in Seattle is a challenge for us all and having a home that is convenient to get to I-5, local shopping or to our work is very important. Greenwood condos for sale offers many alternatives like easy access to busses, biking, I-5 and Aurora. 15-20 minutes to downtown during high traffic times is a breeze for anyone living there.
Restaurants – near Greenwood condos for sale
If you get hungry while touring the Greenwood condos for sale, take a break and visit one of these delicious local spots:
Gorditos(213 N 85th St) – ‘Healthy Mexican food’ serving large portions in a casual spot.
Mori Sushi(101 N 85th St) – Relaxed Japanese restaurant offers a variety of sushi options and familiar dishes.
Red mill Burgers(312 N 67th St) – Just out of the area but you got to go. This joint is known for its classic burgers, shakes and fired.
Tiko Riko(10410 Greenwood Ave N) – You can find Salvadoran and Mexican dishes at this family-owned, casual restaurant.
Bahn Town(10414 Holman Rd N) – Vietnamese soup and sandwiches with glowing reviews on Yelp near Greenwood homes for sale.
Gainsbourg(8550 Greenwood Ave N) – Tasty French restaurant with small plates and spirits.
Naked City Brewery & Taphouse(8564 Greenwood Ave N) – Truffle fries, pulled pork and their classic burger are some of the most popular dishes at this casual Greenwood restaurant.
Bars, Lounges and the like
There’s a long list and variety of bars in the area to explore including: The Lodge, Baranof, Cozy Nut Tavern, Teacher’s Lounge, Chuck’s Hop Shop, Tim’s Tavern on 105th, Alibi Room, The Yard Café, The Angry Beaver, Wing Dome, Bleachers Pub and 74th Street Ale House.
Coffee Shops – around Greenwood condos for sale
Seattle loves it coffee shops so here are a few to experience
- Green bean (8525 Greenwood Ave N)
- Chocolati Café (8319 Greenwood Ave N)
- Starbucks in Fred Meyers (100 NW 85th St)
- Other Starbucks (8704 Greenwood Ave N, 9999 Holman Rd NW, 10002 Aurora Ave N)
- Diva Espresso (7916 Greenwood Ave N)
- Preserve and Gather (358 NW 85th St)
What to do in Greenwood:
One of the best things to do in Greenwood is to experience Taproot Theater. It puts on fabulous productions and is famous in the Seattle Theater world. It just celebrated its 40th Birthday and built a new building recently to have big corporate events with coffee and deserts during intermission.
Greenwood Seafair Parade – 2015 was the 65th Annual Seafair Parade and still going stronger than ever after all these years. People enjoy this tradition that goes down Greenwood Ave from N 95th to N 85th and then over to 6th NW. Thousands and thousands come out to see the floats, pirates, bands, drill teams and more.
Greenwood Car Show – Takes place every June and hosts over 500 collector cars. It’s a very popular show that brings thousands to the neighborhood around Greenwood homes for sale to the event.
Schools – close to Greenwood homes for sale
Most buyers in the neighborhoods of Seattle want to know about schools. When searching Greenwood condos for sale, feel free to check out a couple of these nearby schools.
Greenwood Elementary and St. Johns Catholic School (120 N 79th St) – Private PreK-8 school
The public schools that are not in the neighborhood of Greenwood condos for sale but are the designated schools are: Whittier Elementary, West Woodland Elementary, Whitman Middle school, Ingraham High School and Ballard High School.
Around Greenwood condos for sale:
Parks – by Greenwood condos for sale
You’ll likely come across the parks on your own, including Greenwood and Sandel Parks, when driving around looking at the Greenwood condos for sale. There also many beautiful parks that are a very short drive away, including:
- Magnolia’s Discovery Park is full of trails, acres to explore and a beloved lighthouse.
- Carkeek Park is just a little further north on the water and more of a hidden gem.
- Green Lake Park is a 3 mile loop around the lake and perfect for a nice jog/walk/run.
- Kerry Park, in Queen Anne, features a breathtaking view of the Seattle skyline.
- The Rose Garden at Woodland Park Zoo is especially nice in the spring and summer months.
- Gas Works Park is in Wallingford on Lake Union with big grassy hills, a great view of the city, old machinery to look at and also one of the top spots for the 4th of July fireworks show.
- Woodland Park Zoo
- Ballard Locks – Officially known as the Hiram M. Chittenden Locks, the Ballard Locks is one of Seattle’s most popular tourist attractions, especially during the sunny months. The grounds also feature a fish ladder and the Carl S. English Jr. Botanical Garden — one of the most beautiful park settings in Seattle. It’s been around since 1917 and provides a link between Lake Union and Lake Washington.
When looking at Greenwood condos for sale this is an important feature because you don’t just stay in the Greenwood area. Near by neighborhoods are a nice benefit to the community.
Churches – around to Greenwood condos for sale
When looking at the Greenwood condos for sale, you might be interested to check out the local churches. Here’s a list of some in Greenwood area and nearby: Woodland Park United Methodist Church (302 N 78th St), St John Catholic Church (120 N 79th St), Evangelical Chinese Church (651 NW 81st St), Oak Lake Baptist Church (901 N 96th St), Ballard Church (1460 NW 73rd St), Bethany Community Church (8023 Green Lake Dr N), and Phinney Ridge Lutheran Church (7500 Greenwood Ave N).
Attractions near Greenwood:
Greenwood is a great neighborhood on its own to explore but when you decide to buy one of the Greenwood condos for sale, you also move into an area that’s surrounded by wonderful neighborhoods and attractions.
- Green Lake – 3 mile loop around the lake and perfect for a nice jog/walk/run. Also, features some great restaurants and bars.
- Downtown Ballard – Full of wonderful shops, restaurants, bars and other small businesses.
- Fremont – Seattle’s funky, creative neighborhood is the self-proclaimed Center of the Universe with year-round unexpected and unconventional entertainment, trolls who live under bridges, and statues of communist leaders, they ‘know how to make and have fun.’
- Northgate Mall – The Mall’s big stores are Nordstrom, Bed Bath & Beyond, Macy’s, Barnes and Noble and JCPenney. There’s also a big complex across the street with a Target, Best Buy and more.
- University of Washington – Public flagship research university based in Seattle a few minutes from Greenwood. Enrollment in 2014 was 44,786 and they have an acceptance rate of 55%.
- Golden Gardens Park – Public park that includes beaches, hiking trails, picnic and playground areas, and wetlands.
- Ballard Farmers Market: The Ballard Farmers Market began in 2000 and was the first year-round neighborhood market that sold produce only from Washington state farmers. It takes place every Sunday, from 10-3pm, on Ballard Ave NW, between 22nd Ave NW and Vernon Place NW. The only days of the year they take off are if Christmas or New Year’s Day fall on a Sunday. Go check it out the finest high quality produce, food and beverage vendors.
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.