I don’t know about you but New Year’s Eve plans always seem to feel like an afterthought. There is so much excitement building up to Christmas, then it passes and suddenly it’s New Year’s Eve and no plans have been made. If you are looking to get out this year and celebrate, make sure to book now to avoid parties selling out. Here are some of the most popular events going on around the area:
- New Year’s Fireworks Show, Free, Seattle Center – Top 10 Seattle New Years Eve Plans – Did you know that the Space Needle is the tallest structure on earth to launch fireworks? It’s a great show and while it might look great on your TV, it’s even better in person. Just make sure to bundle up and bring some hot drinks to keep you warm.
- T-Mobile New Year’s at the Needle, $130/pp, Space Needle Observation Deck – Top 10 Seattle New Years Eve Plans- While this party hasn’t sold out yet, it certainly is bound soon. Enjoy apps, desserts, champagne toast, casino-style games, dancing and more. There’s also a SkyCity Soiree for $275/pp.
- New Year’s Eve at Chihuly, $225/pp, Chihuly Gardens & Glass – Top 10 Seattle New Years Eve Plans -This is another popular event that despite it’s higher price, sells out every year. Guests enjoy live music, champagne toast, apps, desserts, and fireworks view.
- Spectra: NYE Under the Arches, $80-$175/pp, Pacific Science Center – Top 10 Seattle New Years Eve Plans – Another spot nearby where you can view the fireworks show, enjoy live DJs, drinks, aerial performances and depending on if you want to go general admission or VIP tickets, you can save some cash from the higher priced events in the area.
- Indulgence: NYE Bash at EMP, $79-$450/pp, EMP Museum – Top 10 Seattle New Years Eve Plans – Seattle Center has no shortage of parties (you will probably want to get there early for parking or bettter yet, take an Uber) and this is their largest. Inside you will find 25 bars, 3 stages of performances including comedy, live music and DJs and there’s even a special singles cocktail hour before the party starts if you’re still looking for someone to kiss at midnight.
- NYE at Seattle Children’s Museum – Top 10 Seattle New Years Eve Plans – If you want to put the kiddos to bed early head to this during the day…”Ring in the New Year Seattle Children’s Museum style as we welcome its arrival around the globe. We will lift glasses (of apple juice) and toast the arrival of midnight in each time zone. After each New Year arrives, we will spend the hour doing a craft or activity that represents a tradition of that country. And then we do it again!”The Museum is open from 10am – 6pm on December 31, 2016. 11am – India * (actually 10:30am)
12pm – Russia
1pm – Ethiopia
2pm – Greece
3pm – France
4pm – Morocco
5pm – Brazil (actually 6pm)
- NYE Restaurants – Top 10 Seattle New Years Eve Plans – If you want to enjoy a nice meal out, check out this list from Open Table of restaurants with special menus or offerings and make a reservation.
- NYE with Seattle Symphony, Benaroya Hall – Top 10 Seattle New Years Eve Plans – Visit here for more details and tickets.
- Resolution Party, $97+/pp, WAMU Theatre – Top 10 Seattle New Years Eve Plans – Enjoy live music, performances, dancing, drinks, 6000 balloons, 500lbs of confetti and more at this large Seattle NYE Party.
- NYE Film, $20/pp, SIFF – Top 10 Seattle New Years Eve Plans – If you’re looking for something different. Head to SIFF on Capitol Hill and watch the fun and glamorous film ‘Moulin Rouge’ and join in the sing-along. Champagne toast included.
Whatever you do, we wish you and your loved ones, a fun and safe New Years Eve and a bright 2017 ahead!
The Dave Hanson Home Team
P.S. Looking for more fun around Seattle? Visit: Greater Seattle Events
Dave Hanson Home Team – Seattle Real Estate – Top 10 Seattle New Years Eve Plans